We are looking for supporters to help us gain £25,000 in funding for our counselling service for parents suffering baby trauma and loss. We would need funds to continue the work we do, but instead of us telling you why you should vote for us, we let the people using the service:
Service feedback via our survey:
- The average score when asked how the service user felt following the news/event when advised there was an issue/loss (1 is totally devastated, 10= okay considering the situation) = 1.37
- The average score when asked how the service user felt following support from Making Miracles (using the same scale as above) = 8.47
- This dramatically shows the difference between having no support and the feelings following using our counselling service (survey data 2017)
- 100% of the service users said they felt more able to cope with life after the counselling
- 100% said they felt less isolated and lonely following the support.
Our service users say:
“An amazing charity who have provided support following the stillbirth of my son Oliver in September 2016. Thank you for helping us through such a difficult time” – Naomi Walker
“Fantastic charity, amazing people, I wouldn’t have got through my high risk pregnancy without them, they went above and beyond anything I expected, visiting me in hospital when I nearly died after having my son 10 weeks early, then arranging counselling afterwards. Cannot thank them all enough – Amy Akhurst
“An amazing supporting generous charity that are truly thoughtful and understanding” – Chloe Mabb
“Making miracles have been fantastic since the loss of my baby girl. Truly are a magnificent team” – Sophie Shovelar
We want to reach more families in a wider geographical area and help them through the worst time of their lives. But we need help and funding to achieve this.
Please visit https://www.avivacommunityfund.co.uk/voting/project/view/17-6029 to vote for us today – votes close on 20th November 2017.